Brave Browser has Rolled Out the Brave Ads Program, Rewarding Users for Viewing Ads in Cryptocurrency
Brave web browser, the open source ads, and web-tracker blocking software, released on April 25 its 0.66.24 version, and with it, the company rolled out the Brave Ads program.
The company revealed that Brave Ads is launching exclusively in the U.S, Canada, Germany, France, and the UK with more countries to follow “soon,” and that iOS and Android integration will be implemented in the next few months.
Rewarding Users for Viewing Ads
The Brave Ads program announced by Brave on April 25 through a press release, is part of its wider mission of disrupting the online advertising landscape, and replacing a broken, invasive and inefficient system with a fairer and a more reliable one. The ads program aims to fund the web with privacy-preserving ads, rewarding users for their attention, and connecting them directly to brands and publishers.
The company explains that by taking intermediaries that exploit users private data and thrive on online surveillance out of the equation, Brave Ads will be able to offer a system that not only follows the GDPR standards but also gives users control over their personal data and even rewards them for their attention.
Speaking on the release of Brave Ads, Eich said:
“With Brave Ads, we are launching a digital ad platform that is the first to protect users’ data rights and to reward them for their attention. Brave Ads also aim to improve the economics and conversion of the online advertising industry, so that publishers and advertisers can thrive without the intermediaries that collect huge fees and that contribute to web-wide surveillance. Privacy by design and no tracking are integral to our mission to fix the Web and its funding model.”
Brave Ads Reward Program Explained
Brave Ads are actually separate from the current web page ads and do not replace them but rather supplement them. However, the browser blocks by default the cross-site trackers and the ads displayed with them.
With Brave Ads, users need first to agree to see ads and enable the Brave Rewards Program. As they browse the Web, users are presented with offers deemed appropriate, pertinent and not invasive or disruptive in the form of notifications. If Users choose to engage with these ads, a full-page ad in a new tab is displayed to them.
The company asserts that personal data protection is at the heart of its product and that no leak from users’ devices of this data would ever take place. In fact, ad matching happens directly on a user’s device without having to send any set of data to any third parties other than Brave.
Ad catalogs in Brave are displayed on a recurring basis on available devices on a natural language/one per region basis. Based on recurrent site visits Brave learns customers preferences while they are browsing the web. The secure browser then picks the most pertinent and best matching ads based on customers’ interests and displays them at the most suitable time.
The reward is split among users, publishers and Brave in the form of Basic Attention Token (BAT) through the browser integrated Brave Rewards. In fact, the company revealed that users who want to participate in the program would receive 70% of the revenue generated by the ads they view while browsing. The remaining 30% goes to Brave.
At the end of each monthly reward cycle, users can claim the tokens they have accumulated for viewing ads. The rewards in BAT can either be donated to the user’s most visited sites or used to tip their favorite content creators.
The company also revealed that users would soon be able to use BAT tokens for accessing premium content or redeeming them for gift cards, rewards in the form of hotel stays, restaurant vouchers, and more, thanks to a partnership with over 250,000 top brands from the Tap Network.
The press release further states:
“Brave is also working on an option to let users withdraw BAT from their wallets for personal use, converting their BAT to a local fiat currency through exchange partners.”
The Publisher-integrated Ads Program
In the coming months, Brave revealed that it would introduce Publisher integrated ads “to complement today’s private, opt-in user ads.”
“We will work in partnership with content providers to provide opportunities for our 55,000 verified publishers and creators to feature private ads within their website or channels,” Brave revealed.
Those Publisher integrated ads will grant verified publishers and content creators with a 70% revenue share, while the remaining 30% will be split equally among users that chose to view and engage with those ads, and the company.
Brave Browser has Rolled Out the Brave Ads Program, Rewarding Users for Viewing Ads in Cryptocurrency was originally found on copy trading cryptocurrency | Tech, Privacy, Bitcoin & Blockchain | Blokt.